Learn all the secrets to prepare unstable sweater knit fabric for machine embroidery. In this 4 page virtual classroom project, Hope will walk you through each step to create a unique and fun embroidered sweater. The sweater is lime green & embroidered with the following cute phrases; “Will work for fabric, Spare time for sale & Fat quarter is not a body part”. A double ruffle adorns the collar & cuff area. The original buttons have been replaced with small covered gingham buttons.
This project was created using an embroidery machine with a 5” x 7” hoop and a fabric felting machine. If you don’t own a felting machine (yet) then you can top stitch a second trim over the gingham ruffle.
- Techniques in this project include the following:
- Preparing sweater knit fabric before embroidery
- Proper stabilizing using different types of products for machine embroidery
- Creating a raw edge bias ruffle
- Felting silk fabric into gingham ruffle using a “Felting Machine”
- Sources for fabrics & sweaters
This is a pattern with instructions only.
No embroidery designs are included.
To make this pretty cozy you will need to purchase Hope’s